The following is given only as a brief disclosure. Please see here for our full disclosure in terms of the Privacy Act 1993.
This information is provided to explain RV Products Ltd web site online information practices and the choices you have in the way information is collected and used on this Web site.
The Information We Collect
At RV Products Ltd web site, we do not require personally identifiable information from you in order to access and use the Web site. Certain functions, such as making a booking for our services or purchasing items via our online store do require you to voluntarily submit personally identifiable information, which may include: name, organization, address, e-mail and telephone and fax numbers.
How We Use the Information
Any personally identifiable information submitted by you is kept strictly confidential and separately from the Web site, and is used solely by RV Products Ltd to provide the information that you requested or provide access to additional information.
Third Party Sites
RV Products Ltd web site may contain links to other Web sites. When leaving our Web site you should consult the other Web site’s privacy statement for more information, as those practices may differ from ours.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy statement, you may contact us at:
RV Products Ltd
New Plymouth 4373
Back to Top
The purpose of the Web site is:
- To provide accurate and consistent information about RV Products Ltd.
- To provide information about services and activities provided by RV Products Ltd.
- To provide a method of potential customers registering their interest in and purchasing the products and services provided by RV Products Ltd.
Collection of Personal Information
Personal information is collected for a lawful purpose connected with a function or activity of RV Products Ltd; and the collection of the information is necessary for that purpose.
Information is being collected to enable us to forward information and provide details of and to sell our products and services and otherwise carry out the functions of RV Products Ltd.
The intended recipients and holders of the information are RV Products Ltd, whose contact details are available here.
If all or any part of the requested information is not provided RV Products Ltd may attempt to contact you have the missing information provided.
You have the right of access to, and correction of, personal information provided to us.
Storage and security of personal information
The information provided by you is protected, by such security safeguards as it is reasonable in the circumstances to take, against -
- (i) loss; and
- (ii) access, use, modification, or disclosure, except with the authority of RV Products Ltd
- (iii) other misuse
If it is necessary for the information to be given to a person in connection with the provision of a service to RV Products Ltd, everything reasonably within the power of RV Products Ltd will be done to prevent unauthorised use or unauthorised disclosure of that information.
Access to personal information
You are entitled -
- to obtain from RV Products Ltd confirmation of whether or not we hold personal information; and
- to have access to that information; and
- to request, under principle 7, correction of that information.
Correction of personal information
- (1) Where RV Products Ltd holds personal information, you shall be entitled to request correction of the information.
- (2) RV Products Ltd shall, if so requested by you or on its own initiative, take such steps (if any) to correct that information as are, in the circumstances, reasonable to ensure that, having regard to the purposes for which the information may lawfully be used, the information is accurate, up to date, complete, and not misleading.
- (3) Where RV Products Ltd is not willing to correct that information in accordance with a request by you, we shall, if so requested by you, take such steps (if any) as are reasonable in the circumstances to attach to the information, in such a manner that it will always be read with the information, any statement provided by you of the correction sought.
- (4) Where RV Products Ltd has taken steps under subclause (2) or subclause (3), RV Products Ltd shall, if reasonably practicable, inform each person or body or agency to whom the personal information has been disclosed of those steps.
- (5) Where RV Products Ltd receives a request made pursuant to subclause (1), RV Products Ltd shall inform you of the action taken as a result of the request.
Accuracy, etc., of personal information to be checked before use
Where RV Products Ltd holds personal information, we will not use that information without taking such steps (if any) as are, in the circumstances, reasonable to ensure that, having regard to the purpose for which the information is proposed to be used, the information is accurate, up to date, complete, relevant, and not misleading.
Not to keep personal information for longer than necessary
RV Products Ltd will not keep personal information for longer than is required for the purposes for which the information may lawfully be used.
Limits on use of personal information
Where RV Products Ltd holds personal information that was obtained in connection with one purpose, we will not use the information for any other purpose unless we believe, on reasonable grounds,—
- (a) that the source of the information is a publicly available publication; or
- (b) that the use of the information for that other purpose is authorised by the individual concerned; or
- (c) that non-compliance is necessary -
- (i) to avoid prejudice to the maintenance of the law by any public sector agency, including the prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution, and punishment of offences; or
- (ii) for the enforcement of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty; or
- (iii) for the protection of the public revenue; or
- (iv) for the conduct of proceedings before any court or tribunal (being proceedings that have been commenced or are reasonably in contemplation); or
- (d) that the use of the information for that other purpose is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to -
- (i) public health or public safety; or
- (ii) the life or health of the individual concerned or another individual; or
- (e) that the purpose for which the information is used is directly related to the purpose in connection with which the information was obtained; or
- (f) that the information—
- (i) is used in a form in which the individual concerned is not identified; or
- (ii) is used for statistical or research purposes and will not be published in a form that could reasonably be expected to identify the individual concerned; or
- (g) that the use of the information is in accordance with an authority granted under section 54 of the Privacy Act 1993.
Limits on disclosure of personal information
RV Products Ltd will not disclose personal information to a person or body or agency unless RV Products Ltd believes, on reasonable grounds -
- (a) that the disclosure of the information is one of the purposes in connection with which the information was obtained or is directly related to the purposes in connection with which the information was obtained; or
- (b) that the source of the information is a publicly available publication; or
- (c) that the disclosure is to the individual concerned; or
- (d) that the disclosure is authorised by the individual concerned; or
- (e) it is necessary for a public sector agency to disclose the information to uphold or enforce the law, protect the tax base, or assist court or tribunal proceedings; or
- (f) disclosure is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious threat to public health or safety, or the life or health of any individual; or
- (g) disclosure is necessary to facilitate the sale of a business as a going concern; or
- (h )the information is to be used in a form in which the individual concerned is not identified; or
- (i) disclosure has been authorised by the Privacy Commissioner under section 54.
- (1) RV Products Ltd will not assign a unique identifier to an individual unless the assignment of that identifier is necessary to enable RV Products Ltd to carry out any one or more of its functions efficiently.
- (2) RV Products Ltd will not assign to an individual a unique identifier that, to that agency's knowledge, has been assigned to that individual by another agency, unless those 2 agencies are associated persons within the meaning of subpart YB of the Income Tax Act 2007 (to the extent to which those rules apply for the whole of that Act excluding the 1973, 1988, and 1990 version provisions).
- (3) RV Products Ltd will take all reasonable steps to ensure that unique identifiers are assigned only to individuals whose identity is clearly established.
- (4) RV Products Ltd will not require an individual to disclose any unique identifier assigned to that individual unless the disclosure is for one of the purposes in connection with which that unique identifier was assigned or for a purpose that is directly related to one of those purposes.